Looking at the weather forecast this morning, we decided to keep sailing on the P-tack.
Current plan – it can change with the weather forecast – is to continue this way until about 17 deg N. Then we will go back on the S-tack.
As of Wednesday afternoon we expect 20+ kn wind from E. This hopefully will be the wind to zoom in to Sint Maarten. But it needs to be seen if the wind really comes like that.
Today the wind speed plays a bit jokes with us. As long as the TWS is below 18 kn we keep the genoa fully out. Therefore the wind increases to 18 kn and bit above and we put the first reef into the genoa. 10 min later the wind goes down to around 15 kn and we take the reef out again. 10 min later the wind increases….
Beside this, temperatures getting warmer. Today we logged for the first time 28 deg air temperature. The big bathtub from which we take buckets of water for our showers at the stern, is really warm now. It’s already a comfortable feeling when pouring a bucket of water over the head.
