220403 The weather shock

Written by

in

Just before sunset I checked again the potential to change to a butterfly configuration and finally it was good enough.

We put the main down, set the genoa on PRT and the jib at STB. Carefully adjusting the AWA for the wind vane mode, to 163 deg S, we saw that we can reach out WPT Cabo Tres Arramas with this butterfly configuration. Great! If we are very lucky and the wind remains stable, we even can sail farther.

Now I download the latest weather forecast. SHOCK! By tomorrow noon, a huge calm is forecasted between the NW area of the Dom Rep and Cuba. No reasonable way around. Can we hope that 4 weather models are so wrong? I’m afraid not. Thus let’s see how bad it will turn out. We can’t change it, so we will make the best of of it.

But until then we enjoy the butterfly sailing

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.