Preparations for departure to Kiribatis’ Tarawa are going on well. Today I filled already 40 l of spare diesel into the tank. A bit later we want to go ashore and get another 80 l. Ideally 60 l can go into the tank and 20 l can remain in a jerry can, which can be stored in the bow center storage.
Beside this I sent emails to Kiribatis, Marshall Islands, and Micronesia to inform them that I sent all required documents but as I did not get any reply I’ll assume that no permission will be sent and I just sail into the harbors for inbound clearance. Once I’m closer to the respective harbors I’ll update them on a more precise ETA.
Now let’s see how they react. My experience with Kiribatis’ Northern Line Islands is that no permission will be sent. Sometimes I feel I need to take such a step in order not to wait for months until a reply comes once the hundredth reminder has been sent.
The wind forecast looks terrible!!!. Checking daily the forecast it could be possible to lift the hook in Monday. However, forecast until Monday is still reading the crystal ball.
I’ll write an update in the next days.

Leave a Reply