We are already out of the bay of Port Vila. However, still running with the engines because the wind is still too weak for sailing. I hope we get more when we are more outside. I’m looking for nice southerly wind which blows us north to Epi Island.
Decision was made to depart today because the wind forecast for the next week looks more than disappointing. We would stuck on Port Vila for possibly a week.
Now I hope that the wind really gets us until noon tomorrow to the NW corner of Epi Island.
We started in the morning with provisioning because Port Vila is in respect to shopping canned & packed food the last chance until Chichi-Jima, the Port of Entry, I want to use for inbound clearance for Japan.
Guam and Saipan, I don’t consider as reasonable stop- over islands anymore. The USA want to be great again, thus sailors like Tobi and me don’t fit into the MAGA dream. But let’s see if I get replies to my mails.
Wind is changing directions, blowing more from N. Exactly the wrong direction.
A week swell from SSE is rolling onto MaRe. Nothing special.
Until later.

Leave a Reply