250715 Weather change

Written by

in

S 18° 39.274,
W 173° 58.927

The wind, which was forecasted for today, turned out to be delayed until tomorrow. Instead of drifting outside due to very weak winds in higher waves, I decided to delay the departure by 24 h, hoping we get then the winds, which are forecasted for tomorrow.

Today we went shopping for food to spent the last Tongan money except for the outbound clearance fees we need tomorrow.

Yesterday I got a bit disappointed
A leak at watermaker’s high pressure regulator became much bigger. When I attempted to unscrew the regular the thread broke as if salt water softens steel. The disappointment was
more than normal because I replaced this part in 2021.
I reached out for Dessalator and Martin the CEO reacted immediately. Unfortunately there was a national holiday in France thus the normal staff will act only today.

Although, we have no watermaker, we will sail 4 days over to Fiji where we can refill the tank in the marina and use this water to sail to a few nice places while the spare parts are coming into Fiji.

Keep fingers crossed for a quick clearance and a nice sailing wind.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.